Friday 7 July 2017

Community

https://community.tes.com/threads/the-seasonal-nature-of-tutoring.759391/

Useful insights below (altered slightly for privacy reasons)

I find the LEA 'moving supply and contract staff on' bureaucratic paperwork onslaught just after exam time is really stressful just as it all looks bleak for the summertime. The renewal paperwork,  at a time when landlords are moving students on until next September or final uni students moved on all together or prevented from staying locally is not something established Tutors should be caught up in. Its inevitable however that we are.

The online agencies could help by having a 'how many years tutoring in this area' information.

Exam time is so stressful and when Specifications are changing its even more so.

The insightful quote:-

"I tutor full time. GCSE science. I've been doing it for years now. Coming in to the exam season I find I tutor about 30 to 35 hours a week. The last exams are today and I am absolutely shattered. Banking as much money as I can in my busy couple of months and take the summer off is not how it goes. My house is a mess, my freezer empty, my children wild. If I am to be super-professional and organised in September, I've a lot to do. I also sort out my lesson bank, make sure my past papers are in order, do my accounts, and briefly become a lady wot lunches until my own children break up from school

No comments:

Post a Comment